Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cinderella

Sophie has been loving Cinderella lately....wanting to watch it EVERYDAY!!!
The last time we watched it, during the part where the step-sisters are tearing apart her dress, God impressed upon me how we are just like that. Trying to rip to shreds what He has put in another....HE HAS PUT!!! The meaning of my name is helper/defender of mankind...not long ago I had another "christian" tell me that, "yeah, you're like that to a fault". When I saw that scene in Cinderella....I thought, you know, that is exactly how I felt...like she was trying to rip apart what Christ was trying to do in me. I know I am guilty of it too!! But I do try. As we know, if we go on being ourselves, keeping hope (in Christ and seeking Him, in glory AND in pain) we end up being protected by our Creator, how magnificent???? He never ceases to amaze me with His unconditional love. How do people get along without him, or how does legalism EVER bring peace??? I may not be perfect, but I DO strive to be my best AT HOME as well as in front of others. You know the old saying....if you are a private (or at home) failure, and a public success, you, are truly a failure!!! What is seen will be revealed in the light....darkness can never overcome the light!
Psalm 31: 19-20 & 23-24
How great is Your goodness that You have stored up for those who fear You, and accomplished in the sight of everyone for those who take refuge in You. You hide them in the protection of Your presence; You conceal them in a shelter from the schemes of men, from quarrelsome tongues.

Love the LORD, all His faithful ones. The LORD protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant. Be strong and courageous, all you who hope in the LORD.

1 comment:

tanya p. said...

Well sistah, if you have to have a "fault" how wonderful it is to have the "fault" of defending others. Isn't it funny how the Lord uses the everyday things in our life to speak to us i.e. a Cinderella video! May you continue to be blessed by His presence and His speaking and may you continue to bless others by living your life according to the purpose that God has for you and if some see it as a "fault", so be it.